Yes, we were gone for awhile while we moved our server and domain. When I was moving the domain and site I inadvertently didn’t move the blog and so it and all the posts went the way of the night and slipped silently into eternal darkness.
Soon we’ll start having our tutorials and regular posts for you to read and learn Photoshop tricks again but while you wait for those check out Bright Pink Studio where we’ve updated our galleries.
Till next time, cheers!
Note: trying to recover the lost content of the blog, here’s one of the most popular tutorials.
This tutorial will teach you a couple of techniques I use to create ghostly effect as those you have seen in The Suicide or in Exodus of the Birds. In order to follow this tutorial you need to have basic knowledge of Photoshop (working with layers, using the tools, etc.). I am using Photoshop CS3 and a tablet, but you can achieve the same results using a mouse and some older versions of Photoshop as well.
You will learn:
- To turn a sunset scenery into a night sky
- To use the Outer Glow and Inner Glow layer effects to create realistic glowing effects
- To use the Motion Blur filter on multiple layers to create a ghostly vision of an object
- To blend the edges of objects into a new background
- To add simple and effective adjustments to enhance your image
Click on the image below to see the finished result that you’ll be creating: